Thursday, April 2, 2009

Satus

What gives you status?

Status amongst my friends is money, education, and what ever good you got going for you. If your have a lot of money everyone thinks your cool, because you could have things others don't have or what others want. If you are smart everyone thinks you got your future in the right direction. You will either be making big bucks or have a well respected career one day. If you got some kind of skill or talent everyone thinks your different in a good way. People like different especially if its good, you stand out from others. Status is absolutely important amongst us, it gives you a feeling of being somebody important.

Status in my family is a big issue. It is having a rewarding career that comes with a lot of money. This is what makes you successful. I am all for the rewarding career, but the a lot money is not important in every one's case, some people its just about feeling of accomplishment. Me personally I would love for a lot of money to come with my career!

Status in my neighborhood isn't such a big deal. I guess it is about who has the better car or house. It sometimes seem like a competition. You will see one neighbor put up some nice gates next week you will see another neighbor put up some better gates. I really don't care about status in my neighborhood I think everyone should just mind their business.

3 comments:

  1. You know, we are the only species on this so-called planet Earth that relies on materialism to justify our status!
    I agree though, people do need to learn to mind their own business!

    Nice blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I can't believe that everything is based on money...so if your disrespectful,but got money your going to have status. Money is important but the way you treat your friends or family seems to be more important to me. Money doesn't buy happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. like it or not the first thing most people judge upon is the financial status one has. either they are fourtunate at that moment or making moves to get to the wealthy point in life. its all about money these days and can hardly get by without so little. all there is in our community is competition and who has what (materialistically) makes the status of new yorkers!

    ReplyDelete