Thursday, May 7, 2009

Who I want to interview?

I was considering someone that I know well a women that is a caregiver. She is a migrant women and she has kids of her own, however her kids are living with her U.S. She obviously migrated to the U.S. looking for a better life. I think she is a great candidate, because she similar to the women in love and gold. I was wondering is there a connection between her story and the women from love and gold. It is interesting, because this women has her kids with her here in the U.S. and the women from love and gold has her children back home. Another candidate is a person I know who is a low-waged woker with a kids, wife and a house. He even has a new vehicle. He seems fairly happy. I am curious about the comparison between this low-waged worker and the other I read about. What make these people who make the similar money to live different life styles. Finally I have a friend, that did physical labor and went to school for what he did. He now works a job that isn't physical then got promoted with the title, but not the pay due to his lack of certification. That sound interesting, I wonder if he is satisfied with the status that comes without pay increase. I read alot of interesting things about status in the texts.

1 comment:

  1. These both sound like great possibilities. If you go with the first one, think about how the connection to Hoschild could help you make a research question.

    ReplyDelete